Sunday, July 29, 2012

What Do You Delight In?

What do you delight in? In Sports, learning, family, friends, God? I did a quick search on the word 'delight' and turned up quite a few results.


Psalms 1:2: But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalms 37:4: Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Romans 7:22: For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Psalms 119:174: I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

Psalms 40:8: I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

I feel convicted reading these, because I know that my delight isn't always on the things of the Lord, and that's something towards which I will strive!




1 comment:

  1. This is so true and we need to be constantly reminded of it... It is so easy for me to become focused on the things of this world instead of on Christ, the true source of all good things. The sobermindedness that God requires of us includes understanding the world as God sees it and delighting in and valuing what He does.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...