Wednesday, July 11, 2012

And With That, Another Year Passes + Graduation Photos

I am, as it would be said in biblical phraseology, The Son of Nineteen Years. (I just learned about that type of phraseology last week.)
Yep, I turned Nineteen last Sunday. I still can't believe that a whole 365 days have passed since July 8 last year. So much has happened in that short time, and so many things have changed, from my theology, to simply how I schedule my day. I got an internship here in Michigan which started in September, went to my first conference (at least, in the last 8 years or so), went to The Achademy, (yes, that's spelled correctly, I'll talk more about that at a later date), deepened my relationship with the Lord and with my family members, made a couple new friends, and discovered that I know almost nothing about theology. ;)

Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.
Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah. Psalm 39:4-5
I'm somewhat of a nostalgist (I know that's not a word, but saying "given to nostalgia" just didn't sound as good), so I enjoy looking at the past and seeing how things have changed from time to time, and birthdays are good mile markers to look back on. In the last year I have:
  • Gotten my first outside-the-home, non-construction (biomedical engineering) job
  • Taken (only counting the one's I didn't delete) nearly 8K of Photos
  • Read more in the Bible than I think I did in the previous 18 years put together
  • Learned how to machine plastic and metal using various large (and expensive) machines
  • Learned what Hermeneutics means ;)
  • Talked with Doug Phillips
  • Paid my own taxes
  • Bought and sold my first car (snazzy 1993 Honda Civic)
  • Switched over to Aperture for photo editing
  • Flown across the country 5 times
  • Learned what Eschatology means
  • Had my last Piano Recital (for now)
And I could just go on an on. I've heard some folks say that young people think that times moves slowly, and that 25 is like eons away. Well, they must not be talking about me. Since I've been here in MI, time has been flying! I remember when 5 months seemed like an eternity away, but now it seems like just a blink!

With that, here are a couple of graduation pictures that my beautiful mother took of me after my piano recital.

My awesome family (well, most of them Son's 1 and 2 are missing)






Yeah, This is what I usually do when I get dressed up!



 I look forward to what the Lord has for me in the coming year! So much has changed in the last one, I can only imagine what will change in the next!
~Paul

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congrats on graduating!! I graduated this year too - with my big bro:) Graduation pics on my blog...

    Blessings!
    ~Miss Raquel @ God's Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humorous! And the last photo was epic (yeah, the word made sense this time).

    19? been there. done that. The t-shirt no longer fits me. Hey, it's almost like 25, only a few pounds, miles, and bruises lighter.

    I never got the "I wish I were older syndrome" thing either. Ecclesiastes always made more sense.

    Praise God you are growing into a solid young man! I'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...