Saturday, June 23, 2012

Photo Saturday

So I've finally decided to do it! Every Saturday I will try to post at least five pictures that I've taken. Eventually I'll probably add categories, and the like, but for now, I'll just post some that I like.
Don't be shy to give me what for, and tell me what you think, which ones you like, which ones you don't, what you do and don't like about each one, etc. Be brutal!
For now, these will be just from whenever. Eventually I'll have worked through all of my past good ones, and the photos will all become more recent.
Akumal Bay in Mexico
Mmmmm (I think find the focus interesting in this photo, where it's on the bowl, instead of the baby)
Iguana In Mexico
Tulips at the Oregon Tulip Festival
My studly older brother riding in Central Oregon He did an IronMan by the way! (I took this photo from a moving car.)
(Oh, And I need to come up with a more clever name. Ideas?)

7 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the shore - that's gorgeous.
    What name are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Paul!! These are great!! My favorites are the one with the baby and the last one of the bike rider. I love how you have that panning effect on the last one so you have a feeling of motion. Very good.

    What kind of camera do you have? And what do you use to edit your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I should have been more clear with the naming request. I want to have a name for these posts, so next saturday, I'd post another one called "photo saturday." But there isn't anything very interesting about 'photo saturday,' something with a little more ring to it would be nice, like 'photo phriday,' or something.
    Thanks Lisa! All of these pictures were taken using a Canon XTi, though I just replaced about a month ago with a used Canon 60D, which I am absolutely loving!
    I live on Mac's (so much so that I built one), and do all of my photo editing on Aperture.

    P.S. are the captions on the photos showing up?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, they are showing up fine.
    How 'bout Shutter Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...only an XTi, eh?? Very good! I have a T2i. 60D?!?!? *turning green*...okay, Lisa...thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's camera....

    Why did you go for a 60D over a 50D? I am trying to save up enough $$ to buy a 5D. Don't know if I'll ever get there, but, hey, who knows?

    I've never used Aperture (since I'm not on a Mac). I use Lightroom 3 and love it!!

    I'll do some thinking on names...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say Saturday Shots, but like Shutter Saturday better. :)

    I'm not a photo buff, so I can't critique with any authority. However, tulips are one of my very favorites and I love that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if name that doesn't rely on a day of the week would work better (just in case I ever decide to change days for some reason)? Perhaps something like A Moment in Time, or But a Snapshot, But a Moment, Of Shutters and Time...

    Hey Mrs. P! What a surprise! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...