Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's (not just) the Thought that Counts


For all of you out there who have moms (which, if I'm not mistaken, is just about everyone) I would like to say this: it's not just the thought that counts, it's the action which spawns from that thought. For example, today, I had the thought that I should call mom today and wish her a happy mothers day, and say how much I wish I could be home for this special day. But if that's as far as I go, then she will never know! I have to actually call her and tell her those things for the thought to count. Which I did. Even though I dropped the ball on getting her gift mailed to her by Mothers Day, she knew that I was thinking of her, and that's the important part. She could go out and buy my gift just about anywhere that sold electronics, but it's not the fact that I saved her money that makes her feel loved, it the fact that I took the time to think of what she would enjoy, and then acted upon that thought (though perhaps a little tardy on the acting part).
So go give you mom a good night hug, and remember, with out her, there would be no YOU!
~Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...