Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chivalry in the little things.

"Oh, thank you!" She said as I nearly did a face plant stumbling over the door stopper to open the door for wheel chair confined lady. No joke, those things (door stoppers) are dangerous!
I was milling some parts at the local machine shop. and I had walked across the hall to get a different bit, and she was just about to try opening the door, while holding some long unwieldy things in her arms. So I stepped out of my comfort zone, reached out, and (without falling) opened the door. She seemed somewhat surprised, But was grateful non the less. Then I went back to drilling away on my part, with the satisfaction of helping someone else out.
It's the little things in life that can really make a difference.
~Paul

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you, Paul!! Don't ever forget that being a gentleman is well worth stepping out of your comfort zone. You will bless someone by opening a door, carrying something heavy, asking to help with something.

    Glad you didn't fall;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat!! It is SO rare for a guy to hold a door open for a girl in this society....whenever it does happen, it always (pleasantly) surprises me.

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...