Monday, October 4, 2010

Plodding along

I sit at my computer, with heavy eyelids, but a feeling of accomplishment. Today, or more precisely, the latter part of today, was just one of those days. Those days when all I want to do is go out to the wood shop and work on a project, but have things that need to be done first, things I didn't really want to do. I'd rather just sit there staring at the wall. plop on the couch and just... sit there. But things needed to be done. I new I needed to get up, and get things done. Then I thought of what Bob Shultz would do, he called it "Plodding". Taking large tasks (even ones that just 'seem' large) and deviding them into manageable chunks, and then taking the chunks one at a time. So I started plodding. I needed to do an hour of piano, so I told myself "just do 20 minutes". So I set the timer for 20 minutes and started playing. Once the timer dinged (Which was sooner then I was expecting) I got up and walked around a little, and then sat back down and played some more. Soon I had done more then an hour. By the time I was finished, Dad and the siblings were home with dinner, Pizza! And now I'm writing this post. It's a satisfying feeling, to over come difficulty and be able to move on with the day. Plodding makes things so much easier when things look hard, or you don't feel like working because it's raining outside,  days when nothing seems to be going right.
when the going get's tough, the tough plod!

1 comment:

  1. This is something that I really need to learn! Thank's so much for posting this...it really encouraged me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...