Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Leaf Removal

Ok, so the leaves have been gone for almost two weeks now (or at least, that's when the city pick-up service ended), but I just realized that I never told all you how the people in the city deal with all  they're lawn "refuse". After raking all the leaves into piles, the city has told them that they aren't allowed to burn them, so, using tax dollars, they supply a lawn "refuse" removal service. So after getting the leaves into piles, they aren't allowed to strike a match (I can here my fellow county boys gasping), they have to get them all into paper bags and line them up by the road. I was assuming that this would be no big deal, but have you ever tried to shovel leaves with a snow shovel into a bag that has about an 18" diameter opening. Now, add onto that all those nasty little twigs that make it very hard to pick up a shovel sized load of leaves, instead you get about three, and then the weight of all the extra hanging off the sides makes them all fall off! Arrg! But despite all these obstacles, and the feeling of defeat, I prevailed!!! Here is a picture of my triumph:
I know, it doesn't look much like some majestic sward or lance, but hey, could you imagine trying to move leaves with a lance? Have to run them through, and then wipe them off into the bag? That would take forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I would love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...